The Misfit Pride
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Lost

2 posters

Go down

A Little Lost Empty A Little Lost

Post  Naasir Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:52 am

Naasir entered the cemetery with his head bowed, reverence in every pawstep. His dark coat shone in the early dawn light, highlighting his handsome and strong build. The air was chilly enough to reveal his breath as it left his snout, and the leopard shook his nech to warm himself up. The short mane that had sprung up behind his ears, his chest and his shoulders made him look more of an adult than the small ridge he had when he joined the pride. The knight laughed softly at the memory his thoughts brought to mind. Those had been younger days, though he was still yet young, barely old enough to claim a mate.

That thought melted away the laughter, sending him back into a sullen and confused daze. So many question he needed answered, and Naasir had little to no clue who to ask.

As he spotted the first headstone, Naasir stopped to look at the inscriptions. Each one was different, held its own story. Every stone marker claimed a brave and beloved member of his pride, most of whom he had never known. As his paws settled in the center of the graves, he gazed up at the heavens with sorrowful and seeking eyes. Rather than shout his frustration to Starpride, the hybrid spoke in a whisper, praying simultaneously that someone would hear him.

"Starpride, I come asking for your help. I have so many worries and confusions in my heart that I can no longer sort them out by myself, so if you would answer I... well I guess I'd really appreciate that." he paused, trying to find the words to say, "My Alphas are in trying times, as we all are, but especially since Aurora must rule while she is ill. I have no wish to further burden her, but I can no longer deny my feelings. I..." again, Naasir stopped, but this time in slight embarrasement. He lowered his head and continued, but this time more to himself. "I care for the Alphas' daughter, Itzel. Ah, maybe care is the wrong word, but how else would I say it? I'v never been in love! I'v never even spoken to a female other than my mother before this pride. But know that I would die for that sweet, happy, silly, ridiculous girl, and I'd do it over and over again if needs be. Please, Starpride, guide my pawsteps here for a moment, so I don't completely ruin myself!"

As the brown cat finished his plea, he glanced around the cemetary, hoping, praying that someone would answer him.
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

http://ECMD.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

A Little Lost Empty Re: A Little Lost

Post  Rurouna Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:25 am

((Hope you don't mind Kosha popping in!))

The cleanup had gone well... Everything that had been destroyed by that fire seemed to be nothing but in the past. Though the blind male had no way of recollecting all of the faces he had met before all of those were lost, he couldn't help but feel sorrow. He remembered smells, voices, and the kind words of so many that now lay beneath his paws. Ever since he had become a member of the pride, he had always wanted to meet everyone, to get to know them so he could commit them to memory. It was something about the male that he didn't do often, he hated to forget. Pinning his ears back, he settled himself among the graves of the fallen, his pink nose flaring every now and then in hopes of attempting to recognize any of those who where lost. In the fire, everything was burned, leaving his senses dull and seemingly in a void. He didn't know who he lost, or who still remained. He could swear that he could still smell the charred bodies of the dead lingering on his nose. Raising his whiskers, his maw curled back with a small growl... It wasn't that of anger, but more so of frustration and sadness... He wanted to remember who he lost, but had no way of finding out now.

Lifting his gaze skyward, his glassy eyes reflected the starlight, and for a brief instant he thought that he could actually see the heavens dancing above him. His ears lifted ever so slightly as he squinted in the darkness, wondering if he was going crazy or not. So much had transpired lately, from the fire to the pride attack... to Aurora falling ill. Though he was just a lowly tracker, he still felt that he could have done something more. Sighing softly to himself, Kosha rose to his four, preparing to leave this empty hole where so many friends had been lost, until a voice caught his attention. At first he thought it was the stars speaking to him, but no... This voice was familiar. Turning his head in that direction, Kosha tested the air before the scent of a Knight passed over his nose. Naasir... He had heard of the male once or twice, but never actually met him. Pushing his ears forward, Kosha silently listened to the discussion to which he doubted the boy would get a response to. Flicking his tail, he slowly began to make his way over towards the fellow Misfit member.

"Though I'm not one to speak on behalf of love, I do know that you should trust your heart among everything else."Kosha said, emerging from the darkness some near where the leopard was seated. He gave a soft smile, sympathetic to what he must be feeling. Kosha was in love once, but once he left his pride to fall with Misfits, he never found love again. "A mate is a difficult thing to come by... especially for ones as unique as ourselves. Be confident in yourself, I'm sure you'll find the right path." He said, his grey eyes drifting towards the younger male. "I apologize for intruding... I just... Couldn't help myself. And I don't often like to be alone in a place with such sadness. I wouldn't imagine anyone else would either." He said, settling himself down not to far from where the leopard was seated.
Rurouna
Rurouna
Admin

http://www.rurouna.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Naasir Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Naasir started at Kosha's sudden appearance, but then settled down to listen to what the other male had to say. When he finished, the young knight sighed, then came up and nuzzled Kosha on the shoulder.

"How I have never come to meet a member with your wisdom in the pride, I do not know." He smiled sadly in appreciation, hoping the blind lion could understand the meaning behind his words without seeing his face. "Many would say being blind is a handicap, a troublesome hinderance. But if all lions that lost their sight were like you, I'd say we all need to be blinded." Naasir laughed softly, appreciation filling his heart. "Thank you, friend. At first when I came here I hoped in my secretest heart of hearts that the heavens would split and our ancestors themselves would provide me with an answer, but I guess sometimes the answers we're looking for are better heard from the living.
"I must ask though, how does one go about winning over an Alpha's daughter? I'm at a complete loss of how to do this the right way, so that I'll have approval from her parents as well as her. Starpride help me, I don't even know if she loves me back!"
his voice rose, echoing eerily off the stone markers. Flicking his tail anxiously, the leopard looked to Kosha with helplessness in his eyes, hoping his fellow pride member had more wisdom to share.
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

http://ECMD.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down