The Misfit Pride
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escaping the Flood

Go down

Escaping the Flood Empty Escaping the Flood

Post  Naasir Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:33 am

Naasir coughed loudly to get everyone's attention. The members of Living Falls were chatting quietly, but the cave walls made the sound twice as loud. As soon as the cavern had quieted, Naasir stepped forward.

"Misfits of Living Falls," his voice rang "As you know the rainy season is upon us. Soon the river's overflow will cause our dens to flood, as their is little vegetation to hold it back." the leopard Knight watched as paws shuffled nervously, and eyes flicked back and forth in anxiety. He lifted his chin confidently, trying to hide his lack of conviction in his next announcement. "As our mark does not have a Rook to oversee this pressing matter, I have been charged with keeping you out of harm's way. It is my decision that we move our sleeping quarters temporarily into the rain forest canopy, where we will be safe from the flood. Some of you may not be quite comfortable with living among the tree tops, but I assure you it isn't as bad as it seems. I'v lived most of my life in the trees, and it's quite safe." He then swept his eyes over the small group of lions he now called family. Naasir prayed to Starpride that this was the right way to go. Motioning with his tail to the cave entrance, he continued.

"Friends, I ask that you please relocate your dens to one of the several trees surrounding the waterfall. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not be afraid to ask me, or one of the Alphas as well. Starpride be with you, Misfits." with the conclusion of his speech, the young Knight made his way back to his den to prepare his own nest in the trees, and hoped everything would turn out as planned.

No one has to reply to this if they don't want to. It's just my submission (at the last minute :/) for the rainy season plot. But feel free to join in if you'd like!
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

http://ECMD.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum