The Misfit Pride
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Misfits

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Misfits Empty New Misfits

Post  WolvenRemorse Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:18 pm

As soon as she was settled in to the Alpha's den, she woke, bleary eyed like some zebra foal. Deep blue eyes windowing her true pain, she writhed on the soft bed of leaves that had been stored in the Healer's Den since before the fire. Hearing everyone talking, or standing over her, she growled, looking at them with such unearthly anger, " Get... Out... " She growled through clenched teeth. She didn't mean to sound angry, but she was in a lot of pain, and only wanted the Healers, and Adwin to be around her.

As everyone left, soft whimpers escaped her, she rolled from side to side in the vegetation trying to calm her turbulent muscle cramping. But it was no use, she must have stressed herself in to labor, the all too familiar feeling of cramping was settling in, causing her sides and stomach to clench violently before releasing. Her older body knew what was going on, but she was not as strong as she once was. Giving birth to the first litter was frightening, but it all happens very quickly. The second litter was a lot smoother then her first, but waiting, and pushing ended up taking almost double the time then the original. Now she had been fighting the pain since walking home defeated, and even though it had been around three hours since the first tremor of pain started, she didn't feel any closer to giving birth, " ...Adwin, I need Adwin here, I don't want anyone else in here besides Healers, and Adwin... " She muttered between sharp intakes of breath.
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

http://www.wolvenremorse.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

New Misfits Empty Re: New Misfits

Post  BanzaiRabbit Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Adwin followed Naasir closely, before moving down in to the Dens. Once in the hallway, he saw the crowd of Misfits standing around the entrance to the Alpha's den. Worried, he hobbled as fast as his leg would allow, wincing every now and then, but in general, completely ignoring his wounds, " Move aside, stop crowding, Don't you all have work to do? " Instead of anger leaking through each word he spoke, his voice was filled with worry. Pushing through the crowd, he went inside the half closed den, padding passed any healers in the way, laying beside his mate, " Whats wrong? Is it the cubs? " Worried green eyes danced over her form, noting her muscle spasms.
BanzaiRabbit
BanzaiRabbit

http://www.banzairabbit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Larka Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:23 pm

Swetse padded into the den after talking with Buru about what had gone on while they were absent, so at least someone had the information, and he would pass it on to Aurora when she was ready. In the meantime he'd sent Buru off to punish those who had not helped, and commend those who had. He saw Aurora laying there, and a pang of worry went through his heart, things could not happen to her cubs, not again. Aurora's angry words cut through, and Swetse was startled. He didn't know what was going on, but when she mentioned healers he padded up to Sauda, "I used to be a healer, before gaining my rank as Knight of the Healing Winds. I still have my healing power and knowledge, I am more than happy too help if you should need it..." After seeing how worried she was in the great hall, he wanted to be here to support her, and make sure himself the Alpha was ok. He was relieved when Adwin entered, he bowed his head low to him in subbmission, this was a worrying time for all.

Last edited by Larka on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Larka
Larka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naasir Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Naasir lead Adwin slowly to Aurora's den. The crowd gathered when they arrived was ridiculous, but he stifled a growl at the other misfits. He watched as the Alpha male made his way to his mate's side, then ordered everyone out. Naasir left obediently, but outside the den looked at Hakim, whose eye was painfully shut, but the good one was alight with worry for his mother. He nudged the lion with his nose, trying to comfort him. They were of about the same age, and Naasir knew how it was to be worried sick about a mother you couldn't help. In his book, it was the worst feeling in the world.

Trying to think of a way to distract his comrade, he whispered so as not to disturb the lions inside the den, "Hakim, let's go check on your brother. I haven't seen Adjatay since we got back, maybe he needs a little encouragement. Being next in line for Alpha certainly could be a little overwhelming, how 'bout we see what we can do to help?" mischief danced in the leopard's eyes. He didn't much like Hakim's older brother, and he was so serious all the time. Naasir figured a little lighthearted prank was just what both of the brothers needed.

He looked at Hakim, hoping he would be up for it. "What do say? Care to be a cub for the next few minutes?"
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

http://ECMD.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:32 pm

(( Warning, this thread is not for the faint of heart. Razz ))

Aurora rolled around, yowling softly in pain, she wanted this pain to just subside. For a moment, the wave of emotions was too great, and tears came to her eyes, streaming down her cheek fur. No position was comfortable, breathing too hard hurt, breathing too lightly hurt even more. She felt like every moment was dragging on, and on, for hours. However, only an hour since their return had passed.

Curling tightly in to a ball, she felt her muscles clench tightly like nothing before it, suddenly things started to happen. Sitting up, she tried to let gravity take place, and within no time at all, one cub was laying in the bed of leaves under her. She smiled, instinct telling her to start licking the cub, force life out of it, make it uncomfortable. So she did, licking at it's face, breaking the birthing sack open to start cleaning the cub. After a nervous couple of seconds, the cub began to make the tell-tale sounds of squeaking. It was wet, uncomfortable, and about to tell everyone how it felt.

Happily, she licked at the cub, " It's a girl... " She smiled, a little of her stress gone, but she now had to pass the cub to a Healer, because she felt the familiar sensation of another cub dropping in to the birth canal.
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rurouna Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:27 am

Upon hearing that the Alpha had returned, Buru had said his farewells to Itzel and proceeded to meet Aurora and the hunting party back in Misfit Lands... What he found shocked him. The condition of the Alpha was terrible, and the sight of the others made his massive body tremble in shock. What had happened to his pride?! He silently, and obediently had followed Aurora and the others into the life tree, and pinning his ears back he listened to the grave situation that had befallen their pride. Outsiders, a shadowing pride had dared attack his pride... HIS family. This would not do, and the buffalo sized male would not tolerate outsiders injuring their leader. His two toned gaze fell as he glanced over his shoulder, a low gutteral growl vibrating from him as he flashed his canines... Swearing that he would get revenge on that pride for what they had done. He wasn't usually one for violence, seeing as he was more of a peaceful creature and a gentle giant, but they injured what he treasured... and would see the other side of him very soon. He swore upon that.

When Aurora collapsed, the male sprung into action, and quickly helped the others gather her up and take her to the healing dens... Worry struck the brute like a hunter's bullet as he watched the red pelted lioness writhe in pain. On their way, Buru had let a roar erupt from him, calling what ever healers he knew of, what ever healers would respond to the dens. He just hoped that Colton would hear his cries. As he entered he looked over at other Alpha, her mate, Adwin and only dipped his head in respect, worry paining his expression. He hoped that everything would be alright, and he sat in the background, watching as Aurora began to fall into labor, and deliver her cubs.

-----

Colton had still been doing his duties of cleaning up when he heard the roar from Buru echo over the lands. His equine ears perked and knowing that something was wrong, he let his paws carry him as fast as a linion had probably run before. His mane was bristling as he came upon the healing dens, panting heavily from his run. As he entered, he was surprised to see so many pride members in there, but upon seeing the condition of the Aurora he soon figured out why. Pinning his ears back, he made his way over towards her, and bowed his head towards her. "Aurora... I understand what pain you must be in, but as you tend to your cubs, please allow me to tend to your wounds... They need treated before they become infected."The linion said as he began to pluck herbs from a small pouch that he kept with him, and lowering them down onto the fresh cuts that scarred her already crimson hide. It was the only thing he could do to hopefully relieve some of her pain. Though this was a joyous occasion, worry still struck everyone, including the large healer.
Rurouna
Rurouna
Admin

http://www.rurouna.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:52 am

New Misfits Dream_10

Aurora didn't mind those around her all of sudden, she nodded to whatever Colton wanted, his light touches with the herbs made her wince, but she was gazing at the beautiful baby girl she had just given birth to, " I-I know this might sound... crazy... but I had a dream last night, about her... she told me a prophecy, but wouldn't tell me who she was... She's my daughter... " Smiling, she licked at the squealing, mewing cub, she was lively, and pretty large for a female, " I think I will name her... DreamSpeaker... Because she was leading me in my dreams without me ever knowing. Someday, she will lead the Pride with her gentle Leadership... "

Itzel ran down in to the dens, tears streaming from her eyes, she had just heard a lot of news, and had to alert the Alphas. Running in to the crowd, she was stopped by Buru who was blocking the entrance, looking up to him, her ears folded, tears streaming down her cheek fur, " Buru! B-Buru! N-News from the B-Border Patrol...! " She sobbed uncontrollably, " You have to tell Mom and Dad! " She sobbed loudly, if anyone was standing outside of the Alpha's den would hear her crying, " Aunt N-Nadra Akoma has been f-found by Border P-Patrol, she's b-been killed! " She was inconsolable, shoulders slumped, panting between choked cries, she was clearly upset of the Older female's passing, since Nadra was one of the Original Lions to help build The Misfit Pride.
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naasir Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:13 am

Naasir's grin was slapped from his face. This new turn in events was enough to put a little prank on hold. "Sorry, guess the games will have to wait." he murmured to Hakim. Louder, he addressed Buru.

"I can take a patrol to see what happened. If this was an attack from another lion, it's an open challenge to the pride." He turned now to Itzel, who seemed to be seconds away from having hysterics. "Shh, shh Itzel it's fine, you'll be fine. Try to lower your voice a little please, your mother is in a lot of pain, and she needs to have as much quiet as possible." Naasir's voice was kind, calming. The young lioness's sobs continued, but a little quieter. He nudged Itzel's head up, looking into her eyes. "Now, if it's ok with Buru, I want you to come with the patrol and show me where you found Nadra, alright? The best thing you can do right now is be strong, for your mother and the pride." Unlike her elder brother, Naasir enjoyed being around the normally talkative, crazy female. Granted he was a little shy when it came to lionesses his age, he found her antics amusing, and appreciated her lively and positive attitude. Seeing her upset made him spring into action, but maybe that's because of the way young males get when they want to impress a girl...

Ach, my failed attempt at showing Naasir's non-warrior side. He doesn't really have a thing for Itzel (or does he?) I just figured that's the way males are at that age, clueless and always trying to impress a girl Laughing
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larka Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:04 am

(I'll have those other cub refs up for you today Kiyo Smile )

Swetse padded over to Aurora tentatively, ready if she was about to birth another, someone would need to hold onto the little girl that had just been born. He smiled as he saw the little mewing cub, she appeared healthy enough, wriggling around and mewing, healthy signs of a newborn.
Larka
Larka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rurouna Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:09 pm

Buru sat silently in the background, continuing to watch Aurora as she delivered her cubs. When the first one was born, a sigh of relief escaped the brute, relieved to see that the battle she had gone through hadn't harmed any of her offspring. He still was in shock that another pride had dared to attack them, and was already beginning to plot of ways to find out how to exact another strike against them for the pain they had caused the pride. He wondered what these adversaries must have looked like, and how strong they must have been to wound Aurora.

Just as he was continuing with his ponderings, Itzel's frantic voice sounded behind him. Lifting his ears he turned and rose to his four, his two toned eyes focused on her as she informed him of the grave situation that she had stumbeled upon. The first thing that rose to his mind was that the outsiders had struck again, but unsure he rumbled a growl from his frame.
"Take me there." He said in a stern tone. He glanced down towards Naasir for a moment, impressed by his calm and level headed attitude. He looked back toward the Alphas and gave another small bow of his head, hoping that everything would be alright, and hoped that they wouldn't worry... Hopefully Aurora hadn't heard her daughters cries. Leaping out of the den, he began to make his way with the others towards the sight of the elders body.

Setteling himself down inside the dens Colton sighed and watched Aw the Alpha continued delivering her cubs and a smile couldn't help but lift to the linions maw. It was the first time he had witnessed birth, and though it looked painful, it was joyous. He saw the others rush out ans his ears perked curiously, but he remained incase the Alphas needed his assistance.
Rurouna
Rurouna
Admin

http://www.rurouna.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:43 pm

(( Aw, Naasir is so nice, I really didn't expect him to try to make her feel better <3 ))

Listening to Naasir, she quietly sobbed beside him, the once cub was now a little taller then Naasir's shoulder, she looked at him, her eyes filled with sorrow, " I-I know... " She hiccuped a little between sobs, " But Nadra was Mom's best friend... " She sobbed quietly, now Buru wanted to see as well, and nodded, " C-Come on... " She turned out of the Den's passage, and climbed her way up to the surface.

A Border Patrol was standing around, some of them with blood on their fur from carrying the older Lioness back with them. On the ground, in the center of the hustle, was Nadra. Her dark pelt was lifeless, eyes opened in horror, mouth also wide open, like she was frozen in mid scream. Itzel turned away, her sobs racking her body, " Who would do this?! "

" Enemies would do this, Itzel. She was clearly attacked by Lions, all the perfect cuts in her pelt, the bite marks, especially to the throat. " Adjatay walked in front, to present Buru, and Naasir. He dipped his head lightly to the both of them, " Greetings, Buru, Naasir. I was on duty when this happened, so let me explain. I gathered a Border Patrol like I do most evenings, and we ventured around the Border of Living Falls. As we were about to turn away, we saw a dark figure on the ground. I decided we needed to check it out, and we found Nadra, just like this, in a pool of her own blood. " His ears drooped, shoulders slumped, clearly upset like his sister, " I am pretty sure she did not have permission to go to the Border, but I think her curiosity must have been peaked. I alerted Itzel as soon as we returned, I'm glad she found you. " He looked back at Nadra's body, " So Rook, what do we do now? " He tipped his head in curiosity, his sorrow leaving his eyes for a moment.
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larka Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:06 pm

(I'm gunna bring in Skylar I'm bored and she's fun to play)

Skylar had left Nishati with the cubs and Natsumi, while Neo had gone for a walk, his back was up since the tales of war, and he would not let anyone in to harm his cubs. Unfortunately Skylar was just curious, and had missed her brother so much, she just wanted to be near. Not to mention she was an extra helping paw should anyone need it. As she padded close to the cave she saw Itzel crying, worried about why her friend was so upset she rushed to her, "Itzel! Itzel are you ok?" Skylar asked giving her little friend a worried nuzzle, then her eyes saw it, the lifeless Nadra. Skylar gasped, the electricity within her coursing through to Swetse, alerting him, and near Nadra, Adjatay. Sky almost shook, after their confrontation not long ago, Skylar had been scared of him. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears, thumping like it would explode from her chest, she looked into Adjatay's eyes, as she kept her compsure, "What happened?" She asked, slow and to the point. Sky wasn't sure what was going on, but she had a bad feeling, a really bad feeling...

Swetse felt it, almost like he was hit by a large rock. He stood bolt upright, looking towards the dens entrance, Skylar was alerting him of something and he knew it was serious. "Something's wrong..." He murmered more to himself than anyone else in the den, he didn't want to alarm Aurora or Adwin, but by the same token he didn't want to take any chances with their safety either...

(DUNN DUNNN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!)
Larka
Larka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:18 pm

New Misfits Cloudg10

Aurora passed the female cub to Adwin to clean up, because she started to whine again, muscles clenched, causing her to breathe heavier, almost panting. The familiar contractions as the small body of the next cub passed down the birthing canal, and without much effort, plopped the second cub, only a minute after DreamSpeaker. She immediately turned to the new cub, licking at the birthing sack to break it. She cleaned at the face lightly, trying to make the cub squeal. After a nervous moment, the cub before to squeal, almost a little louder the the first cub, smiling, she looked to the group, " A little boy... "

She spent a few minutes ignoring her pain just to clean up the cub, all the while thinking to herself, " I don't know what I will call him yet, but I'm sure once he settles down we can think of something.. " She smiled to Adwin, who was cleaning, and fussing over Dream. She passed the large male cub to Colton slowly, " Here, check him over. " She tried to be as soft and kind as she could, but she felt herself ready as another cub started to make it's way down the birthing canal.
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naasir Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Naasir shifted his weight uncomfortably. Adjatay's tone toward Buru wasn't the urgent, helpful caliber it should have been, at least, not in his eyes. Something nagged at the back of his mind, and it took a minute for him to recognize the bitter tang of suspicion. Since the brush fire had been put out, Naasir had tried eagerly to memorize the pride's patrol routines, and was usually on one of them every day. This was the first he had seen the prince of the pride show any interest in border safety. Maybe he's just now bouncing back from the fire, trying to get back into the swing of things now that his mother is unable to do so. Instead of pressing the matter, Naasir laid his tail on Itzel's shoulder, pressing his flank to her side. A memory danced on the outskirts of his mind, an image of him doing exactly what he was now, only to his mother, after her mate had driven them away. He shook the mental image out of his head, now was not the time to be nostalgic.

"Who else was on patrol with you when you found Nadra's body?" he asked lightly. "Maybe they saw something that can help identify her attacker, or at the least where they came from."

That was when he noticed Skylar. As soon as she saw Nadra, a tingle of electricity flashed over his paws. Something wasn't right with the electric lioness, and this sparked his own repressed suspicions. Leaving Itzel's side, he beckoned to Skylar.

"Skylar, may I speak with you a moment, in private?" he nuzzled Itzel comfortingly, murmuring "be strong, remember?" before padding quietly out of earshot.
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Itzel didn't waste time, moving close to Skylar to push her crying face against the larger female's chest, " SkylarNadrabeenkilled! " All her words smashed together in sorrow. She was clearly traumatized by today's events, since Aurora was busy, she needed a new motherly figure to cry on, which she found in Skylar.

Seeing Skylar, his face didn't change, however his eyes seemed amused by her presence, and when she asked he nodded, " Greetings Skylar. During Border Patrol around Living Falls we found Nadra dead on the ground. She's clearly been attacked by our neighbors to the South, since by the looks of things, multiple lions have torn in to her, but the killing factor was a bite on the throat. " He shook his head in defeat, " These creatures are not Lions, they are... Monsters. " He looked to Buru, " I think we should take a patrol, and chase them off, they are causing us so much grief. Mother was injured, our forces are weakened, and they killed a Senior Warrior! "

Watching Naasir go to Skylar, he furrowed his brows, making a mental note at Naasir's suspicious words, " I wonder what you have to say that can't be shared with your Rook. Looks suspicious to me... " He murmered so that only Buru could hear him, " Strange, ever since Naasir has been around, things haven't been going so well for the Pride. First the fire, which he has the power of casting and being protected against, and now the Patrol he accompanies my Mother on, they find a group of Lions who've been hiding Behind the Living Falls Mark. They are all Ambushed as if they knew they were coming... " He thought for a moment, tipping his head curiously, " Buru... Didn't Naasir come from out of the Rain forest during the fire? " He looked horrified, shaking a little, " You don't think... he could be... a spy? " He looked around, making sure no one heard him, " I don't want to create a scare, but I think we should keep an eye on him... " Charisma and Intelligence was Adjatay's strong suit, and the evidence he brought to the table wasn't fictional, if Buru thought about it, he would notice the creepy clues lining up.
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naasir Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:06 pm

The leopard pulled up his chin proudly, ignoring the blatant blow at his loyalty. He addressed Adjatay, looking him squarely in the eye, "I'm sure whatever I have to say to a fellow member of the pride need not be broadcasted to every ear in the savanna. I have business with miss Skylar that certainly need not hold up the investigation of a murder." He spat the last word, his anger at Nadra's death seeping into his voice. "However, if you want to put the matter of Nadra and a possible invasion aside and hear what I have to say to Skylar, then I will happily oblige."

A SPY?! How could anyone... well ok, I'll admit the evidence is completely uncanny, but really? I gotta give to Adjatay, he's one crafty sonofagun Shocked
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larka Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Skylar nuzzled her friend close to her, trying to help stem her tears, it must have been awful, it was bad enough for Skylar to see this, it would be worse for Itzel. She nodded to Naasir, giving Itzel a few licks on the head, "I'll be right back, try and stay calm..." Sky whispered to her friend, before padding with Naasir, before Adjatay started his accusations. Then Naasir spat back, and this was not going well, Adjatay was manipulative, Skylar knew that, he would be able to twist Buru's thoughts to what he wanted and make Naasir look like the bad guy. Skylar could easily join in this arguement, but she knew it wouldn't help anything, and not to mention what Skylar had to say did not need to be heard by everyone, not yet. She knew she didn't mind telling Naasir, he was trustworthy and smart. She placed a paw softly on his to try and calm him, "Why don't we go a little further away, Naasir, everyone's very upset and on edge with everything that's happened..." She then turned her attention to the rest of the group, "If you're that interested I only want to talk to Naasir about my brother, I haven't seen him since his return and I need to know he's ok and not badly injured..." Given Skylar's history and how long she'd searched for Swetse, this story would sound convincing, "I literally don't want to have a conversation about something that would be petty to you, when there is so much going on to be worried with, infront of you, we would only be deterring you from your business..."

Swetse was taken back from watching the entrance as another cub was birthed, it was so emotional seeing new life brought into the world, it made him almost sad that he didn't see his daughter brought into the world, and then it hit him everything was gone again. Small tears pricked his eyes, but he stifled them away, preparing for the next cubs birth...
Larka
Larka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:14 pm

New Misfits Cathal10

For the first time since she gave birth, she stood up, pacing around the cave, panting softly. She glanced at the cubs as they were being tended to, but she didn't have enough patience to stand, or go to them. After pacing around the den for the third time, she returned to the leaves, laying down, in an awkward pose, as she gave birth to the third cub. Quickly turning toward the cub, she broke open the birthing sack, and started to clean the cub, but she didn't get to say anything, as she started to cramp again. Things seemed to be wrapping up, since she now gave birth to one more cub, pulling the two cubs together, she cleaned them up, and smiled as they started to squeal, " Two more boys... ". After a few minutes of cleaning them, she smiled watching the first cub trying to stand, he was squealing loudly, squirming his way toward his mother's belly, " This one will be named Cathal. Because he shows courage unlike his siblings. " She smiled, pulling him toward her belly to suckle. She continued to clean the second cub, admiring the beautiful markings each cub possessed. Assuming she was done cubbing, she was prepared to let the cubs suckle, however she felt a sudden cramping again, shaking her head worriedly, she looked to her Healers for guidance.

She looked to Swetse for a moment, " Could you take them from me? I don't want to accidentally step on one of them. "

New Misfits Lesedi10
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larka Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:25 pm

"Of course..." Swetse said as he padded over softly, collecting the two tiny cubs by the scruff, he lifted them up and away from suckling. He didn't feel very nice for doing it, but it was best, Aurora would be devastated if she stood on one of her cubs. The cubs mewed loudly but he settled down by Aurora's head, so they could still smell their mothers scent, and know they were not in any danger. Although Swetse was shocked there was more birthing to be done.
Larka
Larka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BanzaiRabbit Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Adwin tended to the small female in his grasp. Laying in his curled paws, the female squirmed, and whined. He licked at her steadily, until her fur was dry, and she settled down a bit. Smiling, he admired her beautiful features, before pressing his nose to her's, " Welcome to Misfit Pride, Dream. " He watched as cub, after cub, was welcomed in to the world, like a proud father he laid close by, a soft rumbling of a purr in his chest. Seeing the fourth cub born, he admired the similar white pelt, and the adorable blend of markings from both parents, " He should be named Lesedi, it means Light Bringer. " He smiled, looking over the cubs, " Since he is white like myself, he brings a bit of brightness to the litter. " He went back to caring for the young female, trying to let Aurora focus on what she had to do to make herself feel better.
BanzaiRabbit
BanzaiRabbit

http://www.banzairabbit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Naasir Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 pm

Naasir shook his head, angry and stung by Adjatay's obvious undermining of his trustworthiness. He hadn't heard all his remarks, but what he had was enough for him to challenge him to a duel. However, Skylar stepped in, calm and level headed between the two warring males.

"Of course, Skylar. I apologize for my harsh words, but with all the commotion my anger is getting the best of me." he walked back to the tunnels under the Life Tree, beckoning to the lioness. "I know just the place..."

(Jumping over to the Underground spring to continue this thread away from prying eyes *glares at Adjatay*)silent

Naasir
Naasir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:40 pm

New Misfits Nadra10

Nodding to Adwin's words, she gave a shaky smile, " Alright then, he will be named Lesedi... " She groaned, rolling around in the leaves, the sound of others around her whispering, the cubs mewing, it all was making her focus that much harder on getting done with this cubbing. For a moment she thought she would be giving birth to her last, but as quickly as the cub plopped heavily in to the leaves, a second followed right after.

Any Healers would know that the Runt was probably so squished that it was almost attached to the rest of the cubs. The last two cubs fell in the leafy bed with no sound other then plopping. They didn't move, they didn't cry, Aurora turned toward them, licking at them, trying to break the birthing sack. Once they were open, there still was no sound from either of them. She panicked, looking up to Swetse, " What do I do? " The shrill fear was obvious in her voice. If only they could do something to kick start these two cubs to breathe.

New Misfits Lilyst10
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Larka Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:02 pm

(Have you made a thread Naasir???)

Skylar nodded to Naasir, as he calmed himself, she followed him into the underground spring...

Swetse watched as the last two were birthed, and held his breath, but no sound. His heart started to race as he looked to Aurora, her eyes worried. He placed the two cubs he had held with Colton as he stepped closer to take a look at the two little ones. His eyes darting around as he tried to think. kick start....kick start....Oh for god's sake Swetse your an electric lion you know how to kick start!! That was when his brain kicked in, after being so overwhelmed. "Aurora, don't be alarmed, what I'm going to do won't harm them, but it should give them what they need..." Swetse felt he ought to say this, as some didn't take too kindly, or didn't understand his electrical powers. It took a lot of skill to even learn how to use them in two different ways; to harm or to heal, but to have a mix of both required ultimate skill, something Swetse had, otherwise he'd have been toast instead of those spectre's, all those many moons ago. He came close to the cubs, touching one lightly with his paw, he sent small electrical impulses from himself to the cub, giving the little cub's heart a jump start. The concentration on his face was immense, the amount of thought this used was unbelievable, it had to be big enough of a shock to start the heart, but not too big as to fry the little cub. Then it mewed. Swetse removed his paw from the first cub, and smiled at Aurora, "I did it..." He murmered, before moving to the next one and doing the same..."
Larka
Larka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naasir Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Yeah (Larka), it's "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" at the underground spring. Laughing
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Purring softly, she pulled the cub close who was okay, licking at her little face as she squirmed, and kicked to get comfortable. She pushed the cub in to her belly to give her something to eat, lightly licking her clean as she began to feed, as Swetse helped the second cub, the runt, she felt tears well in her eyes, " Thank you Swetse... You saved them... " She gave an appreciating head nod, before taking all six of her cubs and pulling them in to get warm against her soft, unmarked, belly. Purring, she licked each one of them happily, " I think this is it... this is the new generation, the new Misfits who will protect the Pride lands some day. " She tiredly curled around her cubs, listening to them squeak, mew, and flail.
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum