The Misfit Pride
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judging Otieno

+2
zabor
Susano
6 posters

Go down

Judging Otieno Empty Judging Otieno

Post  Susano Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:17 pm

Natsumi padded next to the colorful male as she lead him through the lands to the Lifetree. She glanced up at the blackened giant and wondered if it would come back to its former glory once more, or if the fire had damaged it beyond repair. She was not fortunate to have seen the massive tree in it's former glory, but she bet it was a sight to behold. Her thoughts quickly ran to Koji again as she had found herself doing a lot of. Being just a pup, she couldn't bring him out in the rain, but she figured he would be hungry, along with Nashati. After this she made a note to go out and hunt for them both. Hearing whisperings around her and the new male snapped her back from her thoughts. She huffed and continued the pace, when they got close to the Lifetree entrance Natsumi turned to the closest pride member, "Get the Alphas and whoever else we need for a judging. We have a new Lion here." She said in a soft tone hoping she wasn't sounding to authoritative. She wasn't quite sure how the new judgments would be played out, nor what was going to happen. And with that said she lead the colorful male to the center of the gathering circle inside the tree, and stood a little before him. The Tallion's eyes and stripes began to glow brighter as they entered the dark of the tree. "Now we wait for the King or Queen to come." She said and sat down to wait, her eyes wandered to the under ground cave entrance as she thought of Koji once again. Her glowing eyes filled with all the emotion and love a mother should feel for a cub.
Susano
Susano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Judging Otieno Empty Re: Judging Otieno

Post  zabor Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Otieno looked around with big eyes as they reached the tree, and, most to his surprise, went inside it. He kept himself close to the other lion, unnerved by the whispers and looks from the other lions, his ears falling flat against his head as he followed her into the judgement circle. He slumped down on a spot in the room, feeling oddly small and very very nervous. Sighing he looked at her, blinking at the glowing of her eyes and stripes, before lookign at his tail, knowing his rough spiky mane fur would glow as well.

He watched her ask another lion to go get those needed to...judge? He tilted his head, watching her curiously, wanting to ask about what judging at all was when he saw the look on her face. Smiling a bit he cleared his throat. "um...my name is Otieno....what is yours, ma'am?" He waited nervously, not sure if he could insult her by callign her ma'am.
zabor
zabor

Back to top Go down

Post  Susano Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:13 pm

The sound of the colorful male's voice pulled her out of her thoughts. She looked at him with glowing orbs and bowed her head slightly. "I am called Natsumi." she said in a soft tone, she wasn't used to this type of interaction with others. No this whole pride was just as new to her as it was to Otieno. But she tried her best to act as if she had been here a while. Her tail flicked and she shifted her legs clicking her mug caked hooves, she hoped someone would come soon, she had hunting to do.
Susano
Susano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zabor Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Otieno smiled a bit and bowed slowly, looking at her. "pleasure meeting you Lady Natsumi." He watched her, not sure how to act around others, specialy not a female. Slowly he lookd around, though keepign an eye on her before breathign out, allowing his ability to sence life spread out, feeling the tree, and all the lions in it. Blinking a bit he looked at her, tilting his head. "you do know there is a small hyena in the tree?" This confused him greatly, but it was no mistaking it, the telltale sign of a young hyena in one of the dens.
zabor
zabor

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:00 pm

The tired Alpha appeared in the doorway, bowing her head respectively, " Good Evening, Natsumi, I apologize for my lateness, It was last minute, I had to find someone to watch the cubs, you understand, I hope. " A weak smile crossed her features as she climbed up the seats, moving to the tallest Platform, " Adwin told me he would gather Adjatay, and Naasir. "

Looking at the newcomer, she smiled, soft eyes showing how tired she was. Raising cubs at her age was difficult, raising six cubs at her age was even more tiring, " My name is Alpha Aurora, it is a Pleasure to meet you, I'm sure this judgement will move very quickly. "
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

http://www.wolvenremorse.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  zabor Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Otieno jumped back into sitting position when the new lioness entered the room, swiftly bowing his head in respect, instinctivly knowing she was high ranking. He looked at her curiously, ears moving as he listened, nodding faintly before clearing hsi throat softly. "A-a pleasure meeting you too, your highness...my name is Otieno..." Smiling faintly he felt reasurred by her soft voice, before tilting his head a bit. "um...ma'am, if I may ask...what is a judgement?" He looked at them both now, very confused by this new term, having never heard or used it before.

Flicking his tail he looked down a bit, ears moving thoughtfully.
zabor
zabor

Back to top Go down

Post  Larka Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Swetse had been spending the day with his daughter, her eyes were open and she could wander around now, her words weren't exactly formed just yet, but she was getting there. He'd been wandering around with her all day, still doing his duties. Unfortunately his mark was still not suitable too live in, but with the arrival of the rainy season, he hoped the lands would bloom once more, so he busied his day with keeping an eye on other marks, and the general area, knowing he was one of the only Rooks and Aurora and Adwin had their hands full with the cubs at the moment. It was on these rambles he saw Natsumi and the colourful male heading to the judgement area, it looked like there was another coming too the pride. Swetse took little Lotola to Nishati before going back too the cave, he appeared in the doorway and cleared his throat, to almost announce his prescence. He turned his electric blue eyes to Aurora, "Lady Aurora, would you like my assistance in this judgement?"

(Felt like coming to join the party ^.^)
Larka
Larka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:51 pm

She laughed a little at Otieno's question, not at him, mind you, but rather the thought he was on trial and didn't understand that. Calming herself, she smiled, tired eyes rolling over his colorful form, " My dear Otieno, the pleasure is all mine. You see, when strangers cross our borders, most of them are seeking solace, sanctuary, a home to call their own. Others are crossing our Borders with worse intents, to take our prey, force us in to starvation, kill our Pride slowly, or overthrow my power to reign chaos. So we have these Judgements, meaning we bring the strangers, such as yourself, in to our Judgement Circle, hear out your case, and decide if you are here for the first reason, or the second. If you are here completely by mistake, and have no intention of joining us, a Patrol will chase you to the Border. If you aren't fast enough, they will kill you. If you escape, you've earned a second chance to live. " She was silent for a moment, before smiling again, " Sorry to sound so serious, but that is why we have Judgement, to protect ourselves, to protect what we've worked hard to have. "

Hearing the sound, she turned to see the neon colored spectre lion, and nodded her head, " Greetings Swetse, and of course, all Rooks, Bishops, and Knights are welcome to join any Judgement. Please, come sit, things will go faster with more members around. " She looked at the door impatiently, " As soon as Adwin appears, we'll get started. "
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WolvenRemorse Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Through the doorway, silently stalked Adjatay's crimson form. He looked so much like his mother besides a few small differences. His mostly crimson pelt made him regal, however, his large, muscular form showed you he definitely wasn't his mother. Growling low in his throat, he stalked passed the intruder, and up in to the high seats, " Apologies for my lateness, Greetings Alpha Aurora, Swetse, Natsumi. " Sitting, he coiled his tail around his paws, his eyes cold, and steely. After a moment of silence, he turned to his mother, " Adwin is down the hall, he's coming as fast as he can. " He turned back, looking the intruder over, a small smirk forming, the creature scratching at the back of his skull, it was getting hungry again, hungry for violence, blood, and most of all, power.
WolvenRemorse
WolvenRemorse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BanzaiRabbit Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:03 pm

Alpha Adwin-Badru limped up the hallway, his teeth gritted a little. It was getting harder for him to get around easily. The damage done to his body was intense, he wondered why the Healers had no effect on the permanent damage, usually they could clear anything up. But the thought of his true age was starting to show, Abrihet had been scarce the last few weeks, he really could use a one on one session with her again. But he pushed the thought from his mind, maybe after the cubs were old enough to take care of themselves, he would quit the youthful regenerations altogether. Maybe it was just time for himself, and his mate, to start facing their mortality. The Pride had grown so big, died off, and rose from the ashes. He knew they would be fine by themselves, they just needed a new Leader to take them in the right direction.

Turning in to the entrance of Judgement Circle, he smiled sheepishly at everyone, pausing to bow his great head, " Good Evening, Aurora, Adjatay, Natsumi, Swetse, and our guest. " He made his way up on the stone steps, before sitting beside his mate. Looking at the intruder, he had a softness about him, as if he could only become angry if provoked for a while, but he began, " Naasir will be here as soon as he's free. Natsumi, please tell us the whole event of finding the stranger. Stranger, please tell us your name, and the reason for crossing our Borders. " He looked at the both, waiting for one or the other to explain.
BanzaiRabbit
BanzaiRabbit

http://www.banzairabbit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Naasir Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:28 pm

The young leopard arrived at the judgment circle late. By the time he entered the cavern, the other leaders were already discussing the newcomer in the center. He silently crept to his seat just behind Aurora, then bent his head down to whisper in her ear, "Sorry for my lateness, I was just coming back from patrol. I have some interesting news for you, I think the rest should stay after to hear what I found." He straightened, then took a good look at the strange lion. He heard the name Otieno, and guessed that was the creature's name. The stranger's shy and polite demeanor pleased Naasir well enough, but he wanted to hear the others' opinions before voicing his own.
Naasir
Naasir
Admin

http://ECMD.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  zabor Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Otieno listened to the alpha's words, blinking a bit before looking down, nodding slowly. "I see...it is a good way to keep yoruself safe...though I belong to the first group....I heard about your pride from a rogue, and started looking...though I did not intend to come here and put extra preassure on your pride..." Looking down he sighed low, keeping his eyes closed until the prince arrived, looking up at the other young male, seeing something in the other's eyes he shivered and looked away, nervously waiting for whomever might arrive.

He watched as Swetse took his place in the circle before lowering himself almost flat to the ground when the large older male alpha arrived, havign recived many a beating from lions that size and build. It took him a few seconds to realize the alpha spoke at him, blinking he slowly lifted his head. "My name is Otieno...I came here looking for a place to belong...for those alike me...different from the normal lions out there who holds hatered for....those not normal..." looking down for a few seconds he sighed then jumped a bit at Naasir's arrival, his nerves being on edge from so many strong lions in the same area as himself.
zabor
zabor

Back to top Go down

Post  Susano Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:15 am

When Otieno mentioned a Hyena pup, Natsumi's ear swiveled towards him. She wondered how it was possible for him to know such information, but seeing as everyone in this pride seemed to have some ability, she didn't question to much. Before she could answer the male, Aurora came entered and Natsumi bowed low to the ground. Touching her nose to the ground, "I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused Queen Aurora. If you ever are in need of a cub sitter in the future, I would be more than happy to be of assistance." The tallion silently cursed herself, she should have just chased the male away and save everyone the trouble. But Otieno sounded like he just wanted a place to belong and who was she to deny the lion the comfort of a home? She would gladly take any punishment giving to her if Aurora wished it.

As Aurora took her place Natsumi stationed herself off to the side of Otieno. She nodded to Swetse as he arrived but her thoughts were pulled once again to Koji. She made a mental note to go get her pup and possibly pick a new den for themselves. With the cubs growing, she couldn't take up any more room in Nishati's, and she was sure Koji was a bit a pawful since he was growing. Natsumi was snapped out of her thoughts as Adjatay arrived. She bowed in greeting to the red prince and Adwin when he limped up.

She stepped once Otieno explained his reason for being here, "That is also what he told me when I found him as I was on a patrol. He seems to want a home where he belongs, and I figured we could use the help in our current state." She bowed her head when she was done speaking and gave a greeting glance at Naasir because she had not noticed his arrival.

((sorry for this being a bit short I've typed it out 3 times cuz my comp kept back paging and causing me to lose everything... >.<))
Susano
Susano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zabor Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Otieno flicked his tail a bit, awaiting the leaders thoughts and words on what to do with him, and as he did he slowly dared to look around, wondering what the others might think about him, or say....or if he'd even fit into a pride, he who had never been in one...as far as he could remember atleast. He looked at Natsumi, then slowly over to the others, keeping his eyes low when he looked at the alphaess, and avoiding looking at the prince at all, because that lion frightened him for some reason.

His eyes came to a stop at alpha Adwin-Badru's paws, since that was as much lookign at the larger male that he dared, before looking down, half closing his eyes as he waited. Ears moving thoughtful he wondered if he would at all could learn to be around others, or be useful. The spiky fur in his mane gave of small sparks as he thought, causing him to shake his mane a bit, knowing the sparks was because of his emotions. He then blinked and looked around slowly, hoping none of the others had thought he was trying to be threatening or aggressive.
zabor
zabor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down